Interested in holding a special event in Santa Ana?
From major festivals and international sporting events to neighborhood block parties and parades, the City of Santa Ana is proud to host numerous events every year. Our goal is to assist event organizers in planning safe and successful events that create minimal impact to the residential and business communities surrounding the event.
Permits are required for events that take place outdoors on private property or indoors/outdoors on public property.
You will need to fill out a special event permit application if your event:
- Occurs outdoors on private property
- Occurs on city streets or city property
- Occurs at a Park, the Zoo or the Stadium
Events at City Parks or Plaza Calle Cuatro
Events held at city parks or Plaza Calle Cuatro (located at the corner of 4th and French Streets) require a Special Event Permit. Example of these type of events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Community outreach events
- Health Resource faires
- 5K Runs
- Movie nights
- Filming/Photo Shoots
- Holiday celebrations
- Corporate picnics
- Any other activity with an expected attendance of over 40, which affects the normal and regular use of the facility or flow of pedestrians.
To obtain a permit, applicants must submit a Special Event/Facility Request Form and site plan to email@example.com. Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at the Special Events Office at Santa Ana City Hall. City Hall is located at 20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
For more information on special event permits, contact the Special Events Office at (714) 571-4227.
What To Do If The Event Is On Public Property Including Streets and Sidewalks
These events include festivals, concerts, neighborhood block parties, marches, rallies, posadas or any other activity which impacts the normal flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
- Complete a City Public Property Use Permit Application (also called a “Street Closure Permit Application”)
- If a street closure is required attach a petition form signed by all of the businesses and residents within the boundaries of the special event (included in the application form)
- Attach a site plan showing how your event will be set up
- Submit the completed form to the Police Department Permit Counter located at City Hall. Allow 30 business days for processing
- Submit Permit Application Fee of $168.68 to the Police Department Plan Check Counter located in City Hall. Please make checks payable to the City of Santa Ana
- Special License to Use Public Property Permit Application
If you have any further questions regarding City public property special event permits please call (714) 647-5840.
Events at the Santa Ana Stadium or Dan Young Soccer Complex
Events held at the Santa Ana Stadium or Dan Young Soccer Complex require a Special Event Permit. Examples of these type of events include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Sport tournaments
- Exhibition games
- Filming/Photo Shoots
To obtain a permit, applicants must submit a Special Event/Facility Request Form and site plan to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials can be mailed or dropped off in person at the Reservations Administrative Office located in Centennial Park. Centennial Park is located at 3006 W. Centennial Road, Santa Ana, CA 92704 (See map).
For more information on the Santa Ana Stadium or Dan Young Soccer Complex, contact the Reservations Office at (714) 571-4225.
Events at Community Centers
Events held inside Community Centers require a facility reservation permit. Applicants must request an application directly from the community center where they want to host their event. Applications are accepted 30 business days before the proposed event date. Verbal requests are not accepted.To contact a Community Center, please see the phone directory below:
|El Salvador Center||(714) 647-6558|
|Memorial Center||(714) 571-4242|
|Salgado Center||(714) 571-4267|
|Santa Anita Center||(714) 647-6552|
|Logan Center||(714) 571-4263|
|Santa Ana Senior Center||(714) 647-6540|
|Southwest Senior Center||(714) 647-5306|
|Santiago Park Interpretive Center||(714) 647-6902|
|Fisher Park/Santiago Park Cabins||(714) 571-4233|
Events at the Santa Ana Zoo
For information on having your special event at the Santa Ana Zoo, visit the Friends of the Santa Ana Zoo (FOSAZ) web site.
Events on Private Property
Events on private property require a Land Use Certificate. Examples of these type of events may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sidewalk sales
- Radio station promotional broadcasts
- Any activity not conducted within a building
To obtain a land use certificate, applicants must submit a Land Use Certificate Application and three (3) sets of plans with the following information:
- Site Plan
- Floor Plan
- Surrounding land uses of properties immediately adjacent to the project site
Land Use Certificate applications and supplemental materials must be submitted to the Planning Permit Counter at Santa Ana City Hall. City Hall is located at 20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Please allow ten (10) business days for processing.
For more information on land use certificates, please contact the Planning and Building Agency at (714) 647-5804.
Events on Public Property (excludes city parks)
Events on public property require a Special License for the Temporary Use of Public Property. Examples of these types of events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Street Faires/Festivals
- Neighborhood block parties
- Marches, rallies, or parades
- Posadas or processions
- Any other activity which impacts the normal flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic
To obtain a permit, applicants must submit at Special License to Use Public Property Permit Application and attach a site plan to the Police Plan Check Office at Santa Ana City Hall. City Hall is located at 20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Please allow 30-45 business days for processing.
If a street closure is required, submittals must also include a traffic control plan designed by a licensed traffic control company, as well as a petition form signed by all of the businesses and residents within the boundaries of the special event (form included in the application).
For more information on special licenses, contact the Santa Ana Police Plan Check office at (714) 647-5840 or email email@example.com.