Neighborhood Initiatives FAQs

Q: I just moved to Santa Ana. I need phone numbers for utilities, city contacts, water, and more. Does the City have a comprehensive list of phone numbers?

A: The City has a Who To Call list in English, Spanish and Vietnamese to assist residents. Click here to view list.

Q: What do I do if I see something suspicious happen?

A: You are the expert in your neighborhood or business complex. You know if there is someone who does not belong in the area. The Santa Ana Police Department depends on you to call and tell of suspicious persons or activities. Do not rely on others—you may be the only one who makes that important call. For Emergencies call 911. For non-emergencies call (714) 834 4211. Read more. Spanish version

Q: What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood?

A: For recent information regarding crime statistics for Santa Ana, click here.

Q: What are the garage/yard sale dates and restrictions?

A: Garage sales for residential properties are permitted on the first full weekend of March, June, September, and December each year. No permit is required. For exact dates and more information visit Code Enforcement Division at Garage Sales.

Q: How do I call the police and what do I say?

A: There are a few ways to contact the police department. For Emergencies call 911. For non-emergencies call (714) 834 4211. For a list of police department phone numbers click here. When you call the police regarding a situation requiring police response, the Dispatcher will ask you several questions. The questions are to ensure that the police will be able to respond to your call in an efficient manner. Remain CALM and answer the operator’s questions to the best of your ability. Read more. Spanish version.

Q: How do I report graffiti?

A: Report graffiti to the appropriate authorities. Call 911 if graffiti act is currently in progress. Call the Police Investigative Unit at (714) 245-8769 with information that may lead to an arrest and conviction of a person making graffiti. Call 1(877) STOPTAG or 1(877) 786-7824, to report graffiti that needs to be removed or you can go online to report

Q: What can I do about my neighbors barking dog?

A: You have options. First, talk to your neighbor and let them know that their dog has become an annoyance. If this does not handle the problem then it will need to be handled through the City. Next, you can CALL THE CITY OF SANTA ANA ANIMAL CONTROL (714) 245-8792. On the first occurrence the City will send you a “Noisy Animal Complaint Form” -You must complete the form with documentation of two days of disturbance in order for the City to follow-up. Read more.