Fees and fines are set to encourage the timely return of library items. Replacement fees reflect the actual or average cost of replacing particular items. Users with unpaid fees and fines will be blocked from checking out, renewing library material or using library computers.
Santa Ana Public Library materials may be returned to the Main Library (Civic Center and Ross) or at Newhope Learning Center (Newhope and 1st Street), regardless of where they were checked out. Please note that materials returned to an after-hours drop once a location is closed will be considered returned on the next day on which that location is open.
We provide various renewal options that will allow you to avoid accruing overdue fees on your library account. Unless the item has been reserved, you can renew your items as needed by:
- Logging into your library card account:
- Select “Login to My Account”
- Enter your library card number and PIN
- Click on "Submit Request"
- Select "Current Loans" and then select the items that you would like to renew and click on "Renew"
- Calling the Main Library at (714) 647-5250 or the Newhope Learning Center at (714) 647-6992. Have your library card available when you call or in person
Please note: DVDs and Hotspots are not eligible for renewal.
If you have questions about fees and fines, including payments, you can contact us by:
- Calling the Main Library at (714) 647-5250 or the Newhope Learning Center at (714) 647-6992
- Coming to the Library and request to speak with a staff member in the Circulation Department
- Going to the Library Website and selecting the option ‘Contact Us’ on the right hand side of the page. Include your name, library card number, and be sure to include as much information regarding your fees and fines as possible in order to expedite our calling ability to investigate your situation
Click here for a complete Fee Schedule Brochure.