Santa Ana Public Library's purpose is to respond to our community's informational, educational, and personal interest needs using books, materials, technology, and professional expertise.
Santa Ana Public Library Then and Now
Read about the history of the Santa Ana Public Library
Santa Ana Public Library is committed to serving the needs of Santa Ana residents first and foremost. Santa Ana is one of the 100 largest cities in the United States and its residents have the youngest median age of any of those cities. For that reason, the Library places special emphasis on services to children, youth and their families.
Santa Ana’s Library staff shares the cultural heritage of the community and each staff member strives to provide the highest level of customer service. The two Library locations are maintained as safe and wholesome places for young people and their families to spend out of school and leisure time.
Benefits of Library membership include access to:
- Books, audio recordings, videos, magazine subscriptions and 6 newspapers, including e-books, online databases, and microfilm copies of the Orange County Register going back to 1906.
- Computers for adults, children and youth
- Tutoring in our Learning Centers
- Pre-school, school age and family storytimes
- A Teen Center for young people 12-18
- Quality research and information services
- Professional, multilingual, courteous staff
Libraries can improve the lives of individuals, families and communities. People who read succeed. Countless studies have shown that readers do better in school, achieve higher paying jobs and express greater satisfaction with their lives.
It's your Library, enjoy it.