Guidelines for borrowing and use
- Hotspots can NOT BE RENEWED.
- A valid Santa Ana Public Library card must be presented at the time of checkout
- Library card user MUST be present at time of check-out.
- Limit of ONE Hotspot per patron.
- Borrowers must be in good standing with the library, with a current address on file and no outstanding fines of $5.00 or more.
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older, or have a current Young Adult card and have parent/guardian sign for user each time.
- Borrowers must read, understand, and sign this agreement at the service desk in the presence of a library staff member EACH TIME (s)he checks out a Hotspot.
- Young Adult card holders MUST be accompanied by a Parent or legal guardian who will authorize the check-out.
Fines and liability
- The overdue fine is $2.00 per day.
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of a Hotspot and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse.
- Hotspot - $100.00
- USB cord - $8.00
- AC adapter - $8.00
- Case - $6.00
- Keychain - $2.00
- Reprocessing Surcharge for device – $10.00
*Plus any overdue charges
Proper care and use
- As with any electronic device, use care when handling. Do not use where water or any other liquid may spill or splash on the
- The software and settings may not be altered, and nothing can be added or removed from the Hotspot’s internal storage.
- In order to preserve equipment integrity, and ensure patron safety it is recommended to NOT charge Hotspots while in use to avoid overheating the device.
- It is recommended that no more than 5 devices are connected to a Hotspot at one time to avoid slower connections.
Hotspot Lending Agreement
- To abide by the Library’s Hotspot lending guidelines as stated above.
- To pay overdue fines as stated above if Hotspot is returned late.
- To pay full repair and/or replacement costs should the Hotspot or any peripherals be stolen, lost, damaged, or not returned for any reason.
- In the case of a dispute about damaged or missing items (or charges associated with these incidents), I will accumulate overdue charges until the dispute is settled