The City of Santa Ana is committed to providing businesses and workers with the latest resources and information such as: business loans and grants, free business consultations, webinars, unemployment benefit information, and guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please visit the City of Santa Ana's website for a list of resources and information: /businesses-and-workers-impacted-coronavirus.
For more information about COVID-19, go to /covid19.
City of Santa Ana Executive Order Halts Evictions and Foreclosures
- Halts foreclosures and evictions due to non-payment of rent by residential and commercial tenants impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- THE TENANT IS STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UNPAID RENT AND MUST PAY WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF THE EXPIRATION OF THE LOCAL EMERGENCY.
- A landlord can’t charge or collect a late fee for rent in these circumstances.
- Please read the full Executive Order for full details: https://bit.ly/3buw4W3
Santa Ana grants Extension for Business License Renewals
- Customer who have a City of Santa Ana Business License Annual Tax filing or bill due date of 3/31/2020 will receive an automatic extension to pay and/or file through 4/30/2020, without incurring additional penalty or interest.
- All Business Tax Customers are encouraged to file and/or pay by 3/31/2020.
- Customers can make use of our free online payment portal at www.santa-ana.org/businesstaxbillpay or they may renew by mail addressing envelopes to CITY OF SANTA ANA, PO BOX 1964, SANTA ANA CA 92702
- For specific inquires on your account please email us at BusinessTax@santa-ana.org or call us at (714) 647-5447.
City of Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Grant
- The Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program provides a $5,000 grant to reimburse business expenses to microenterprises with 5 or fewer employees. This program is federally funded and applicants must provide required documentation.
- To qualify, businesses must meet the Income criteria or Area Benefit criteria.
- For detailed information and pre-eligibility form, please visit: /SBIP
U.S. Small Business Administration
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus, please visit the following link: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
Orange County-Inland Empire Small Business Development Center
- The OCIE SBDC wants to ensure that you and your business remain successful despite the vastly changing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19).
- OCIE SBDC can provide assistance with the US Small Business Disaster Loan or individualized business consultations, by calling 1-800-616-7232 or by visiting the following site: https://ociesmallbusiness.org/resource/covid-19/
Employment Development Department (EDD)
Santa Ana WORK Center
- Santa Ana WORK Center is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached by phone or email.
- The physical office is temporarily closed to the public.
- For general questions, please call (714) 565-2600 or email email@example.com or visit the website: www.santa-ana.org/work-center.
FOR FULL INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: HTTPS://WWW.SANTA-ANA.ORG/BUSINESSES-AND-WORKERS-IMPACTED-CORONAVIRUS.