Find COVID-19 resources and news here. 
City Hall is open, appointments required for most services. Make an Appointment.

Rental Assistance Available for Tenants and Landlords

Date: March, 30 2021 Category: Community Development, COVID-19, Notification

More COVID-19 Information

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have extended the federal eviction moratorium until June 30, 2021. To find out if you qualify and to get a declaration form to provide to your landlord, go to https://bit.ly/39wNfYn.

$5,500 RENTAL ASSISTANCE GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR SANTA ANA RESIDENTS

TENANTS - Apply for up to $5,500 in emergency rental relief directly through the City of Santa Ana.  Applications are available on the Santa Ana CARES for Tenants webpage at www.santa-ana.org/cares-for-tenants or can be requested directly from Latino Health Access at (657) 229-5450 or LHARent@latinohealthaccess.org or Families Forward at (949) 552-2727 or santaana@families-forward.org

If you do not have a computer with internet access or need assistance submitting an application, please contact the Santa Ana Work Center at (714) 565-2600 or by email at saworkcenter@santa-ana.org to schedule an appointment. Assistance is available by appointment only. Applications can also be mailed to you with return postage paid.

Watch a tutorial to learn how to apply:

English:         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6IECq1ETs

Spanish:        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCtutphFyxA

CALIFORNIA COVID-19 RENT RELIEF AVAILABLE TO LANDLORDS

LANDLORDS – If you are a landlord who has experienced a loss in income because of unpaid rent, apply now to get financial assistance for your tenants through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program.  Landlords can get reimbursed for 80% of past due rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent.  Landlords can verify their eligibility and apply immediately on behalf of their tenants by visiting https://housing.ca.gov/ or by calling 833-430-2122 for more information.

SANTA ANA VITAL EVICTION SOLUTIONS (SAVES) FOR SANTA ANA RESIDENTS

TENANTS AND LANDLORDS - Santa Ana residents impacted by the Coronavirus who are behind on rent and facing eviction within 21 days can apply for up to twelve months' rent (which includes up to six months' rental arrears since April 1, 2020) and receive free legal and mediation services. For families facing eviction, please go to www.santa-ana.org/SAVES to learn more about the SAVES Program and submit a pre-application. Families at risk of eviction can also call 2-1-1 or go to santaana.211oc.org to start the application process today.

If you would like to learn more, two Zoom workshops will be held on April 14th and April 28th at 6:00 p.m. in English, Spanish and Vietnamese to answer your questions. Please register for one of these two workshops by e-mailing aalvarez@santa-ana.org.