Homeowners and Renters

City Hall Closure

On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Santa Ana City Council unanimously proclaimed a local emergency to fight the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and protect public health. Effective immediately, all City of Santa Ana municipal government buildings will be temporarily closed to the public, including City Hall. This closure period may change based on future guidance provided by Federal, State and County agencies.

Click here for more information.

Home Ownership Programs

The City of Santa Ana has programs to assist households to purchase homes. One option would be to apply for one of the City’s down payment assistance programs. Another is to purchase an affordable home developed in partnership with a developer and the City and/or Redevelopment Agency.


Read More

Rehab Loan Programs

The City of Santa Ana Housing Development Services provides quality technical and financial assistance to residents, developers, investors and nonprofit organizations within the residential community to ensure the enhancement of existing housing stock, construction and rehabilitation of quality affordable housing, and the promotion of homeownership opportunities.

Read More

Senior Communities

Senior Advisor offers a way to quickly compare senior living facilities, assisted living facilities and nursing homes in or near Santa Ana. Visit their website for more information.



Read More

Neighborhood Initiatives Program

The Neighborhood Initiatives Program (NIP) provides staff support and acts as a liaison between neighborhoods, communities and the City, NIP provides quality technical assistance and community improvements to facilitate improved communication between residents, the community and the City.

Read More


The Communication Linkage Forum ("Com-Link") was formed to promote the exchange of ideas between neighborhoods and community leaders. Com-Link partners with the City of Santa Ana to communicate the positive aspects of Santa Ana and to enhance a sense of community. 


Read More

Parking Permits

To be eligible for a parking permit, you must live on a qualifying block in a permit- parking district. Parking signage is posted within each permit-parking district. Permits are processed at the Public Works Agency counter.



Read More

Energy Efficiency

Read a list of easy, cost-saving tips for your home, or sign up for a free home energy survey, and have an expert visit your home and make energy-saving recommendations on your use of electricity, water, and natural gas.

Read More