**EXTENSION OF COVID-19 WAIVERS AND ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM**
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present significant challenges for the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana (CA093) (SAHA) to carry out our normal operations. In order to mitigate the health risks posed by COVID-19 to SAHA staff, families, landlords, and our community at large, SAHA is extending the waivers we previously adopted on April 16, 2020. SAHA is also adopting two new waivers. Specifically, pursuant to the authority provided under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, SAHA is extending the waivers for several statutory and regulatory requirements as authorized by HUD’s PIH Notice 2020-13 dated July 2, 2020 for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. SAHA is also adopting two new waivers pertaining to the Foster Youth to Independence Program and Project-Based Voucher Program. SAHA is required to notify affected residents of the impact of applicable waivers and alternative requirements. The list of all waivers and alternative requirements we have adopted have also been posted publicly on our webpage.
To View Waivers Adopted by SAHA, as of 12-17-2020, Click Here
To View PIH Notice (PIH 2020-33 (HA), REV-2), Click Here
The Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana (CA093) is issuing a Request for Proposals seeking qualified firms to provide Case Management Services for the Housing Choice Voucher Program administered by the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana (CA093). Responses to this Request for Proposals (RFP) will be accepted until Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. If further information is required or if you have any questions, please contact Judson Brown, Housing Division Manager, at (714) 667-2241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-MAIL, MAILED, DELIVERED BY HAND or COURIERED proposals will be accepted as follows:
Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana
Community Development Agency (6th Floor)
Attention: Judson Brown, Housing Division Manager
20 Civic Center Plaza, M-26
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Facsimile proposals will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the proposer to see that any proposals submitted shall have sufficient time to be received by the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana prior to the proposal due date and time.
To download the RFP packet please click here
To download the Contractor letter please click here
RFP packets will also be available for pick-up at the City of Santa Ana, Community Development Agency, 6th Floor, 20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92702. The RFP is also attached to this e-mail for you.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your proposals.
**New CARES Act Waivers Published**
The second CARES Act Waivers Notice (PIH 2020-13) was issued on July 2, 2020. In this Notice, HUD restates the waivers and alternative requirements established previously in Notice PIH 2020–05, provides additional waivers and alternative requirements, extends the periods of availability for previously established waivers and alternative requirements, and issues technical amendments to several of the previously established waivers and alternative requirements. The Notice was informed by regular communications between PIH leadership and staff, resident advocates, tribal industry groups, and housing industry groups.
To View Waivers Adopted by SAHA, as of 7-20-2020, Click Here
To View PIH Notice (PIH 2020-13), Click Here
**Addressing Tenant Concerns Regarding Rent and the Temporary Suspension of Evictions for Nonpayment of Rent**
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) developed this flyer to provide Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Public Housing, and Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation (Mod Rehab) participants with important information and resources about paying rent during the national emergency concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
El Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano de los Estados Unidos (HUD) desarrolló este volante para proporcionar información importante a los participantes de programas de Cupones de Elección de Vivienda (HCV, por sus siglas en inglés), Vivienda Pública y Sección 8 de Rehabilitación Moderada (Mod Rehab), y recursos relacionados con el pago del alquiler durante la emergencia nacional por la pandemia del coronavirus.
Bộ Gia Cư và Phát triển Đô thị Hoa Kỳ (HUD) thiết kế tờ thông tin này nhằm cung cấp cho những người dân tham gia chương trình Phiếu Chọn Nhà (HCV), Nhà ở Xã hội và Chương trình Cải tạo Nhà Vừa phải (Mod Rehab) Theo Mục 8 các thông tin quan trọng và các nguồn trợ giúp về việc trả tiền thuê nhà trong tình trạng khẩn cấp quốc gia liên quan đến đại dịch coronavirus.
**COVID-19 WAIVERS AND ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS**
FOR THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM
Pursuant to the authority provided under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act (Public Law 116-136), the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Ana (CA093) (SAHA) is waiving and establishing alternative requirements for numerous statutory and regulatory requirements for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. For details waiver details please Click Here
- COVID-19 Waivers and Alternative Requirements 4-16-2020 - ENGLISH
- COVID-19 Waivers and Alternative Requirements 4-16-2020 - SPANISH
- COVID-19 Waivers and Alternative Requirements 4-16-2020 - VIETNAMESE
**Important Notice Regarding Residential Rent Increases **
"Based on the findings set forth in the Executive Order adopted by the Director of
Emergency Services on March 19, 2020, residential landlords in the City are hereby prohibited from
increasing rent for all tenants while Executive Order N-28- 20 adopted by the Governor of the State
of California remains in effect or is extended by the Governor."
**Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Renters and Homeowners During COVID-19 Pandemic**
The Executive Order authorizes local governments to halt evictions, slows foreclosures, and protects against utility shut offs
**Important Update Regarding Corona Disease 2019 (COVID-19)**
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees and the general public, we have decided to take the following additional precautionary measures that apply specifically to our Housing Authority’s operations:
1. Temporarily suspend all face-to-face office visits for three weeks until April 3, 2020. All initial eligibility, move/voucher issuance, interim changes, inquiries or other meetings involving face-to-face interaction should be made via phone call, e-mail, fax and by mail. Instead of visiting our office, customers will need to call or e-mail their assigned Housing Specialist. (July recertifications will be done by mail until April 16, 2020.)
2. Reschedule and postpone all annual inspections for three weeks until April 3, 2020. Annual inspections will need to be rescheduled for after that date.
3. New lease and special inspections will continue. All communication with the owner or tenant will be via email or phone call. Prior to entering a unit, staff will ask if any members of the household or property manager/owner are sick. If someone is ill, staff will reschedule the new lease or special inspection.
4. Corrections for failed inspection will be verified via email with pictures provided by the tenant or owner.
These temporary measures will remain in effect until April 3, 2020 and may be extended.
**Actualización importante sobre la enfermedad de la corona 2019 (COVID-19)**
Para proteger la salud y la seguridad de nuestros empleados y el público, hemos decidido tomar las siguientes medidas de precaución adicionales que se aplican específicamente a las operaciones de nuestra Autoridad de Vivienda:
1. Hemos suspendido temporalmente todas las visitas a nuestra oficina de cara a cara durante tres semanas hasta el 3 de abril de 2020. Toda elegibilidad inicial, emisión de mudanzas / comprobantes, cambios provisionales, consultas u otras reuniones que involucren la interacción de cara a cara deben realizarse por llamada telefónica, correo electrónico, fax y por correo. En lugar de visitar nuestra oficina, los clientes deberán llamar o enviar un correo electrónico a su Especialista de Vivienda asignado. (Las recertificaciones de julio se pueden hacer por correo hasta el 16 de abril de 2020).
2. Hemos reprogramado y pospuesto todas las inspecciones anuales durante tres semanas hasta el 3 de abril de 2020. Las inspecciones anuales deberán reprogramarse después de esa fecha.
3. Nuevos contratos de arrendamiento e inspecciones especiales continuarán. Toda comunicación con el propietario o inquilino será por correo electrónico o llamada telefónica. Antes de entrar a una unidad, el personal preguntará si algún miembro del hogar o administrador / propietario de la propiedad está enfermo. Si alguien está enfermo, el personal reprogramará el nuevo contrato de arrendamiento o la inspección especial.
4. Las correcciones por inspección que han fallado se verificarán por correo electrónico con imágenes proporcionadas por el inquilino o el propietario.
Estas medidas temporales permanecerán vigentes hasta el 3 de abril de 2020 y pueden ampliarse.
**Cập nhật quan trọng về bệnh Corona 2019 (COVID-19)**
Các Biện Pháp Tạm Thời để Đối Phó Với Bịnh Dịch Coronavirus
Nhằm mục đích bảo vệ sức khỏe và sự an toàn của nhân viên và cộng đồng, văn phòng chúng tôi đã quyết định thực hiện các biện pháp phòng ngừa và sẽ được áp dụng trong các hoạt động của cơ quan như sau:
1. Tạm đình chỉ tất cả những buổi hợp/hẹn, phỏng vấn, thăm viếng ba (3) tuần, cho đến ngày 3 tháng 4, 2020. Tất cả những buổi hẹn phỏng vấn đợt đầu, buổi hợp khi dời nhà, những thay đổi trong năm, những yêu cầu hoặc các cuộc hợp khác liên quan đến giao tiếp mặt-đối-mặt sẽ được thực hiện qua điện thoại, thư điện tính (email), fax hoặc thư qua đường bưu điện. Thay vì đến văn phòng chúng tôi, quí vị sẽ phải gọi điện hoặc thư vào cho nhân viên phụ trách hồ sơ của quí vị.
2. Tái hẹn và tạm đình chỉ kiểm tra nhà hằng năm trong ba (3) tuần đến ngày 3 tháng 4, 2020. Những cuộc kiẻm tra hằng năm sẽ được tái hẹn sau ngày nêu trên.
3. Những buổi hẹn kiểm tra nhà để bắt đầu hợp đồng mới và những buổi hẹn kiểm tra nhà đặc biệt vẫn được tiếp tục. Tất cả những thông tin liên lạc với chủ và người thuê sê qua điện thoại hoặc qua thư điện tính (email). Trước khi vào nhà, người thanh tra sẽ hỏi xem có người nào trong nhà hoặc người chủ nhà/quản lý có bệnh không. Nếu có người đang mắc bệnh, người thanh tra sẽ phải dời hẹn cho những buổi hẹn thanh tra này.
4. Nếu cần phải tái kiểm tra nhà, quí vị chỉ cần phải nộp vào những hình ảnh để xát nhận người chủ/quí vị đã sửa chữa xong và nhân viên sẽ không ra kiểm tra lại.
**Important Update From HUD Regarding Corona Disease 2019 (COVID-19)**
Many Congrats to Maria Hodson for being recognized at the Drive-in Movie Night Ceremony, held at the Great Park, in Irvine on 11/21/2020. Maria received the Unsung Hero award as part of the United to End Homelessness Initiative, empowered by United Way. Thank you Maria for your continued excellent service to our community!
Congratulations to Victoria Nguyen on her retirement from the City of Santa Ana after 20 years of service. It is with great appreciation that we celebrate your departure from our team and the start of your next adventure. May you find and experience so much joy and happiness in your retirement as you have created for so many others. And since the day you started with us in June 2000 to your last day, your positive impact on the lives of our families and community will continue on for decades to come. From all of us here at the City of Santa Ana, Thank You for your service.
~ Judson Brown
Housing Division Manager
HUD Secretary Ben Carson recognizes the tremendous efforts made by the City of Santa Ana Housing Authority to provide housing and supportive services with the Foster Youth to Independence Initiative in Orange County. This is an important new initiative to target housing assistance to young people aging out of foster care and who are at extreme risk of experiencing homelessness.
Congratulations to our 2019 Housing Plus Program graduates who received recognition for their efforts at our Council Meeting!
Welcome to the Santa Ana Housing Authority. Our program provides rental assistance through the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The Housing Choice Voucher Program is the federal government's largest program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford healthy and safe housing in the private market. With a housing voucher, participants are able to choose their own housing, including single-family homes, town homes and apartments. Housing assistance is then provided on behalf of the family or individual to the landlord.
The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and is not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects. A family that is issued a housing voucher is responsible for finding a suitable housing unit of the family's choice where the owner agrees to rent under the program. This unit may include the family's current residence. Rental units must meet minimum standards of health and safety, as determined by HUD and the Santa Ana Housing Authority.
Once a suitable housing unit is found and the family is determined eligible for that unit, a housing subsidy is paid to the landlord directly by the Santa Ana Housing Authority on behalf of the participating family. The family then pays the difference between the contract rent charged by the landlord and the amount subsidized by the program.
The Santa Ana Housing Authority Waiting List is currently open only for U.S. Military Veterans who live or work in the City of Santa Ana. A DD-214 Form is required. If you are a U.S. Military Veteran who lives or works in Santa Ana, please go to our On-line Application to Submit an Application.
If you want to check on the status or view your application, please go to:
Santa Ana Housing Authority
PO Box 22030
Santa Ana, CA 92702
The Santa Ana Housing Authority is located in City Hall, 1st floor, Building 20, Civic Center Plaza in downtown Santa Ana and is open Monday through Thursday and every other Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
There are three other Public Housing Authorities in Orange County that also provide housing assistance. Click on the links below to be taken to their websites:
There are also apartment complexes throughout Orange County that are required to set their rents at affordable levels. Each complex maintains its own waiting list. Please check our Affordable Housing Database or the County's website for more information.
2-1-1 Orange County runs a comprehensive information and referral system for Orange County, CA. 211OC provides a resource database of health and human services and support, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online and through our multi-lingual hotline, connecting people quickly and effectively to existing programs and disaster response information. Just dial 2-1-1. We connect people of all income levels and language and cultural backgrounds to resources tailored to their needs and circumstances, taking into account accessibility, eligibility requirements and other factors through live assistance from highly-trained and certified Information & Referral Specialists or through our searchable online resource database.
Click here for a Pocket Guide with resources in the North Service Planning Area.
Click here for a Pocket Guide with resources in the Central Service Planning Area.
Click here for a Pocket Guide with resources in the South Service Planning Area.