Agendas and Minutes
ABOUT THE AGENDA
To view the agenda and items, select HTML Agenda. Note that the HTML agenda is powered by Google Translate. To download or view the attachments (staff report and other supporting documentation) to each agenda item, you must select the agenda item to see the options to view select the item and you will see an option to either open in a new link (the eyeball) or download a pdf (the cloud symbol with the down arrow).
If you are accessing this agenda from a tablet or mobile device, please click on the three dots ( ) below "Documents" to click on the HTML agenda.
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. Regular Closed Sessions begin at 5:00 p.m. and the Regular Open Meeting at 5:45 p.m. (or immediately following the Closed Session Meeting). For Special meetings, please see the agenda as posted. Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Council office at (714) 647-6520.
- Calendar of Regular City Council Meetings 2022
- Archived and Current City Council Agenda Reports, Written Public Comments, Contracts, Minutes, Open Calendars, Ordinances, and Resolutions
- Subscribe to receive agendas directly to your email for any of the official City meetings including City Council and/or Board/Commission.
- Zoom App Download
To watch or listen only:
- Public Portal to City Meetings
- YouTube Livestream
- Channel CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
To Provide Comments:
This is the time for you to make comments, not for questions to be asked to the council. Members of the public who wish to address the City Council on regular or special closed session items, items on the regular or special agenda or on matters which are not on the agenda, but are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council may do so by:
- MAILING OPTION written communications – Public comments may be mailed to: Office of the Clerk of the Council, 20 Civic Center Plaza M-30, Santa Ana, CA 92701. All written communications received via mail by will be distributed to the City Council and imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review; or
- E-MAIL OPTION – Public comments may be sent via email to the City Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the agenda item you are commenting on in the subject line of the email. Comments received after the cut off will be included imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review as early as possible; or
- LIVE VIRTUAL COMMENTS OPTION – Members of the public may provide live comments during the meeting by Zoom or Conference Call. To join by Zoom click on or type the following address into your web browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/315965149; or Call (669) 900-9128 and enter Meeting ID: 315-965-149#. You will be prompted by the City Clerk when it is time for a: i) closed session agenda item(s), ii) general agenda item, iii) public hearing item, iv) special agenda item, or v) Housing Authority item. You may request to speak by dialing *9 from your phone or you may virtually raise your hand from Zoom when the designated public comment period, as listed below, has been opened. After the Clerk confirms the last three digits of the caller’s phone number or Zoom ID and unmutes them, the caller must press *6 or microphone icon to speak. Callers are encouraged, but not required, to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak, unless due to the number of speakers wanting to speak a decision is made to provide a different amount of time to speak; or
- IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENTS OPTION – Members of the public can provide in-person comments at the podium in the Council Chamber located at 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. The Council Chamber will have seating available for members of the public to attend in-person. Pursuant to the Department of Health, face coverings are required for members of the public who enter City buildings regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless a different time is announced by the presiding chair. Speakers who wish to address the Council must do so by submitting a "Request to Speak" card as listed below under designated public comment periods. Cards will not be accepted after the Public Comment Session begins without the permission of the presiding chair.
Designated Public Comment Periods:
- LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON CLOSED SESSION ITEMS – You can provide live comments on closed session items by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above or in-person in the Council Chamber. Speaker queue will open at 4:30 p.m. for regularly scheduled meetings. JOIN ZOOM/CONFERENCE CALL OR IN-PERSON BY 5:00 p.m., unless stated otherwise in the special meeting agenda. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue by 5:00 p.m. for regularly scheduled meetings may not be permitted to speak.
- LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS AND NON-AGENDA ITEMS (GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT) – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above or in-person in the Council Chamber. Speaker queue for regularly scheduled meetings will open at 4:30 p.m. JOIN ZOOM / CONFERENCE CALL OR IN-PERSON PRIOR TO 6:00 p.m., unless stated otherwise in the special meeting agenda. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue for regularly scheduled meetings by 6:00 p.m. may not be permitted to speak.
- LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – You can provide comments by joining ZOOM/CONFERENCE CALL OR IN-PERSON as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above or in-person in the Council Chamber. Speakers not in the queue by 6:00 p.m. for regularly scheduled meetings may not be permitted to speak.
- LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON SPECIAL MEETING ITEMS – You can provide comments by joining Zoom/CONFERENCE CALL OR IN-PERSON as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above or in-person in the Council Chamber. Speakers not in the queue as identified on the agenda may not be permitted to speak.
- LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON HOUSING AUTHORITY ITEMS – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE or IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENTS OPTION above. Speakers not in the queue by 6:00 p.m. for regularly scheduled meetings may not be permitted to speak.
In accordance with the adopted Santa Ana Council Rules and Procedures (Resolution No. 2013-19), disruptive behavior and profane language will not be tolerated.
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.
Boards and Commissions
Agendas, minutes, and audio records for all Board and Commission meetings are posted on this page. Current meetings and agendas are accessible on the Public Portal to City Meetings. For specific information, such as the regular meeting dates and roles and responsibilities of each Board or Commission, please click here.
Planning Commission Meetings
The Commission meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. For Special meetings, please see the agenda as posted. As of July 1, 2021, members of the public may attend meetings in person or virtually via Zoom. For detailed information on how to observe and participate, please visit the Meeting Participation page.