The City of Santa Ana has a variety of programs to help residents during the pandemic as well as information on other health and financial resources, including:
OC Health Care Agency Hotlines
General questions: COVID-19 HOTLINE (714) 834-2000
Medical questions: Health Referral Line (800) 564-8448
UC Irvine COVID-19 Online Chat
Do you have questions about COVID-19 and the vaccine? Chat with a UC Irvine chatline operator online to help answer your questions. The chatline is available Sunday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The chatline is not for medical advice. Specific medical questions should be directed to a medical provider.
Current Health Rules
The Stay at Home Order for Orange County and most of California was lifted on Jan. 25, 2021. Orange County is now in the Purple Tier, which allows outdoor dining, hair salons to operate indoors with modifications and other limited operations. Masks are still required when around others in public.
Free COVID-19 testing for Santa Ana residents is available at local kiosks around the city. Residents can also order at-home tests and other County and local clinic testing sites are available.
Vaccinations are currently only for health care professionals, first responders, people living in skilled nursing facilities and those 65 and older. By appointment only.
- Santa Ana Vaccination Sites: Vaccinations available at Santa Ana College and local school campuses.
- County Vaccination Appointments: Make appointments and sign up to be notified when appointments are available.
- OC Health Care Agency Vaccine News and Resources: Subscribe to the County's vaccine newsletter.
- My Turn (State of California): Find out when you will be able to receive a vaccine.
- CDC Information on Vaccine
- Vaccine FAQs
Resources for Businesses
- Small Business Grants: Up to $5,000 for small businesses.
- Paycheck Protection Program: Apply by March 31, 2021, for Small Business Administration loans.
- Only businesses with fewer than 20 employees and sole proprietors may apply from Wednesday, February 24, through Tuesday, March 9.
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program: Apply for grants of $5,000 to $25,000. The current application round closes Feb. 8, 2021.
- Guide for Outdoor Dining, Retail and Personal Care Businesses
- Other Economic Development Agency Business Assistance Programs
- Employer Resources and Economic Recovery Call Center
Financial Assistance for Residents
- Santa Ana Vital Eviction Solution (SAVES): Santa Ana residents impacted by COVID-19 who are behind on rent and facing eviction can apply for up to 12 months rent and receive free legal and mediation services. Income restrictions apply.
- City Rental Assistance Program: Santa Ana residents who don't qualify for SAVES can apply for rental assistance grants of $5,500.
- Eviction Moratorium: The state eviction moratorium has been extended through June 30. Select the link to learn how to qualify.
- Isolation Assistance Program: Provides hotel rooms to family members who live in the same household as a COVID-19 positive family member.
The California eviction moratorium for tenants affected financially by COVID-19 was extended through June 30. The federal residential eviction moratorium was extended to at least March 31, 2021. Both moratoriums have certain requirements.
City Council Actions and Executive Orders
The Santa Ana City Council declared a local emergency on March 17, 2020, and City Manager Kristine Ridge has signed 12 executive orders related to COVID-19 to protect public health and provide financial assistance to the community.
CARES Data Dashboard
Learn how much Santa Ana CARES financial assistance has been provided, hotline phone calls have been received and more.
COVID-19 Video Updates
SANTA ANA CARES - The City of Santa Ana's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 Update from Mayor Vicente Sarmiento and Councilmember Thai Viet Phan - February 3, 2021
Actualización de COVID-19 del Alcalde Vicente Sarmiento - 3 de febrero del 2021
Cập nhật của về COVID-19: Thành viên Hội Đồng Thai Viet Phan - Ngày 3 tháng Hai, 2021