Updated: April 1, 2021
- The Cities of Garden Grove and Santa Ana hosted workshops to help develop a Vision Plan for the redevelopment of the Willowick Golf Course site. This process explored conceptual land use options that are formed by community and stakeholder collaboration and input facilitated by SWA, the consultant selected via the RFP process for the visioning of Willowick. The Vision Plan will be used to guide the solicitation of development plans for Willowick. The Willowick Golf Course site, located in the City of Santa Ana, is situated on 5th Street, adjacent to the Santa Ana River, at 3017 W 5th Street. Owned by the City of Garden Grove, the property is currently developed as an 18-hole golf course. The site is adjacent to the Santa Ana River on the east, and the Pacific Electric (PE) Right-of-Way on the north, and abuts Garden Grove’s Buena Clinton neighborhood and the Willowick Royal Mobile Home Park. To the east across the Santa Ana River, is Spurgeon Intermediate School and Spurgeon Park. Directly to the south, is the Cesar Chavez Campesino Park.
City Council action items
- January 29, 2019 – Joint Special Study Session: Meeting Live Stream, Staff Presentation, SWA Visioning Presentation, HATCH Market Analysis Presentation, Staff Report, Garden Grove City Council Item, Santa Ana City Council Item, Visioning Document
- April 3, 2018 – Santa Ana City Council Approval of Memorandum of Understanding between both cities to explore the redevelopment of Willowick and conduct a visioning and market analysis:
- December 4, 2017 – Joint Study Session to discuss Willowick collaborative opportunities dated: Joint Study Session Presentation
Cities of Garden Grove and Santa Ana hosted workshops to help envision the future of Willowick. These workshops were facilitated by SWA, the selected visioning consultant.
Workshop presentations and summaries
- Workshop #1 Presentation
- Workshop #1 Summary
- Workshop #2 & #3 Presentation
- Workshop #2 & #3 Summary
- Workshop #4 Presentation
- Workshop #4 Summary
Willowick request for proposals process
The Cities of Santa Ana and Garden Grove released a Request for Proposals on April 29, 2019 to solicit proposals for a Master Developer for the 100-acre Willowick Golf Course site. Proposals were due on June 28, 2019. The cities have begun a comprehensive evaluation of developer proposals to determine a Master Developer.
- Willowick RFP Website
- Register to View RFP
- About Willowick
- About Garden Grove
- About Santa Ana
City of Santa Ana
City of Garden Grove
For further information, please visit the City of Garden Grove