You need to license your dogs in Santa Ana! Here’s what you should know:
The 15 Day Rule
- Current dog license expired? Renew in 15 days!
- Got a new dog older than four (4) months? Get a new license in 15 days!
- Just moved to Santa Ana? Get a new license in 15 days!
Why license your dog?
- It’s the LAW! Every dog must be licensed and vaccinated for rabies.
- Helps identify your dog and lets others know your pet is safe!
- You may be fined if your dog is not licensed or vaccinated!
How to License your Pet
You can license your dog online, via mail, or in-person. Your dog’s license tag will only be issued when all required items are received and verified. Click on the “Get a Dog License” button above to view all the ways to license your furry friend. Standard annual dog license fees are as follows:
|Regular (unaltered)||Each dog||$159|
|Puppy (between 4-6 months)||Each dog||$28|
|Senior Citizen||First dog||$14|
|Replacement Tag||Each dog||$9|
|Late Fee (after 15 days past due)||Each dog||$48|