THIS PROGRAM OPEN TO HOME BASED BUSINESSES. IF YOU ARE NOT A HOME BASED BUSINESS, PLEASE APPLY TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Restaurant & Bar Relief Grant (Up to $10,000)
10 or less full time equivalent employees
- Santa Ana CARES Small Business Grant (Up to $10,000)
25 or less full time equivalent employees
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19), the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program has notified the City of Santa Ana that they will receive a formula allocation from the first round of CDBG-CV funding to be used specifically for the prevention of, preparation for, and response to the Coronavirus. This allocation was authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, which was signed on March 27, 2020.
This new program provides up to $5,000 in the form of a grant, based on reimbursement of eligible business expenses, such as rent. This grant is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you are a home based business please complete the Pre-Eligibility Form.
The City is dedicated to the support, stabilization, and growth of local businesses. We look forward to working with you personally, providing information on City programs and services, and connecting you with the Orange County Small Business Development Center (SBDC). The Orange County SBDC provides access to training and other business resources for businesses to grow and prosper.
Criteria for Participation
- Must be located in Santa Ana - ONLY HOME BASED BUSINESSES CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME
- Microenterprise with 5 or fewer employees, including the owners
- Must have a current Business License and Home Occupation Permit
- Complete a business consultation or workshop with the OC SBDC - www.orangecountysbdc.org
- Must have/obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number (can be obtained at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Income Eligible:
The business owner(s) must be within 80% of the Orange County median income limits set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
2020 Income Limits (Effective April 1, 2020)
1 Person $ 71,750
2 Persons $ 82,000
3 Persons $ 92,250
4 Persons $ 102,450
5 Persons $ 110,650
6 Persons $ 118,850
7 Persons $ 127,050
8 or More Persons $ 135,250
- Additional criteria stipulated in the application
- Businesses that have received, or will receive Small Business Administration (SBA) assistance in the form of grants or loans, such as the Paycheck Protection Program or the Economic Injury Disaster Loan, are not eligible for the program.
- Businesses that have received grants funded through CARES Act funding from the City of Santa Ana.
- Businesses with active code enforcement violations, or a history of multiple code enforcement violations are not eligible for the program.
- The following types of businesses are not eligible for the program:
Grant Amounts for Qualified Business Expenses
- Up to $2,500 for home based - Home Occupation Permit Required
- Up to $5,000 for businesses with a commercial/industrial/office location - Certificate of Occupancy Required (currently closed)
To start the application process, please complete the Pre-Eligibility Form.