The Planning and Building Agency Public Counter is now open for visits by appointment only.
Public Counter hours:
- Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Alternate Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Important appointment information
- Appointments are available online only. Walk-ins are not accepted, but same-day appointments may be available
- Appointment are 20 minutes long
- Only two individuals are allowed
- Customers wishing to visit multiple agencies during a single visit (for example; if you want to see the Planning and Building Agency and the Public Works Agency) must make separate appointments for each
- Customers cannot arrive earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment and no later than 5 minutes. Arriving late will result in automatically canceling your appointment and removing it from our system
- To better help you with your permit insurance appointment, please have approvals from all required agencies before scheduling an appointment for your permits. This includes agencies such as Planning and Building, Public Works, Police Department, Orange County Health, school district, and/or Orange County Fire Authority
- Payments by credit card is limited to $5000. Multiple credit card transactions can be made, but cannot exceed the $5000 limit when combined