Updated: July 20, 2022
Case Planner (Primary): Ali Pezeshkpour, AICP – Principal Planner
Phone: (714) 647-5882
- Approved by City Council, second reading, on July 19, 2022
- The City of Santa Ana Planning and Building Agency is proposing to update the City's current Off-Premise Commercial Advertising Signs ("billboards") ordinance, last updated in 1987, to allow digital billboard displays adjusted to the Interstate 5, State 55, and State Route 22 freeways. The goal of the ordinance is to eliminate nonconforming billboards from the City, particularly in residential zones and other sensitive areas, allow the reconstruction of existing static billboards to digital billboards, and allow the construction of new digital billboards.
- Planning Commission Work Study Session – Monday, July 27, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
- Planning Commission Public Hearing – April 25, 2022
- City Council Public Hearing – June 21, 2022 (First Reading)
- City Council Consent - July 19, 2022 ( Second Reading), Item 12 at https://santa-ana.primegov.com/Portal/Meeting?meetingId=3983&templateName=HTML%20Agenda
- Virtual meeting instructions online
- Planning Commission work study presentation – scheduled for Monday, June 22, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.