Santa Ana City Council to Resume In-Person Public Comment at July 7 Meeting
The City of Santa Ana is pleased to announce that beginning July 7, 2020, the Santa Ana City Council will allow in-person public commentary during Council meetings. The public no longer will be able to make comments by phone during Council meetings.
As we slowly begin to lift restrictions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the public is advised of the following:
Public comments will be held during the beginning of the meeting for ALL comments on agenda and non-agenda items, except for public hearings. Comments for public hearings will take place after the hearing is opened. This is being done to respect the time constraints of residents who cannot stay late into the evening to comment on items that they feel strongly about.
Individuals who would like to comment on an agenda item or make a general comment regarding a topic not in the meeting’s agenda may do so by filling out a comment card with staff prior to this time segment in the meeting and entering the Chamber when instructed.
The public is advised that the general seating area within the Chamber will NOT be made available in order to maintain social distancing and reduce the possibility of COVID-19 transmission. Seating with social distancing will be available outside the Council Chamber for members of the public to await their turn to speak.
All City employees and members of the public that attend public meetings MUST wear a mask or face covering and maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from persons who are not members of the same household when inside the Chamber. Individuals who do not want to wear a mask or face covering or attend in person are invited to provide their comments via email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional safety measures, such as hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, will be made available.
Members of the public who have tested positive for COVID-19, are displaying symptoms of the illness, or are immunocompromised and at a higher risk if exposed SHOULD NOT attend City Council meetings in person. If you are not sure if this applies to you, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.
About our Meetings
Official city meetings are open to the public and members encouraged to participate in their government. Agendas, Minutes and staff reports from 2014 to the present are posted on this site. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Council office at: (714) 647-6520.
- Calendar of Regular City Council Meetings
- The Understanding Your City Council Meeting Agenda pamphlet provides an explanation of the various categories on the agenda
- Map of the Santa Ana Civic Center for meeting location information
- City Council Agenda Reports, Written Public Comments, Contracts, Minutes, Open Calendars, Ordinances and Resolutions
- Public comments on any agenda item may be emailed to eComment@santa-ana.org and are disclosable.
- In an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the City of Santa Ana encourages the public to view this City Council meeting on television or online instead of attending in person. The meeting is broadcast live on Spectrum TV channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99 and livestreamed online at www.santa-ana.org/cc/city-meetings. Members of the public who wish to comment on matters before the council, in lieu of doing so in person, may submit comments by emailing eComment@santa-ana.org, which will be provided to Council as part of the Council meeting record and will be uploaded to the City's website.
- Subscribe to receive agendas direct to your email for any of the official City meetings including: City Council, Council Committees and/or Board/Commission
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month in the Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana. Closed Sessions are at 5:00 pm and the Regular Open Meeting at 5:45 pm (immediately following the Closed Session Meeting). Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience.
- City Council Meeting - Broadcast Schedule
- City Council Meeting - English Livestream
- City Council Meeting - Spanish Livestream
- City Council Meeting 3/17/2020 - YouTube Livestream
Agendas and Minutes for all past council committee meetings are posted on the Archive section of this site.
Boards and Commissions
Agendas and Minutes for all board and commission meetings are posted on this site. For specific detailed information on boards and commissions such as regular meeting dates, and roles and responsibilities, click here.