The Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program is designed to encourage entrepreneurs to establish businesses within the City of Santa Ana. The program provides up to a $5,000 reimbursement grant, of eligible business expenses, to eligible businesses on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Criteria for Participation
- Microenterprise with 5 or fewer employees, including the owners
- New Santa Ana business within three years of operation - WAIVED IF IMPACTED BY COVID-19
- Business License & Certificate of Occupancy
- Complete a workshop or business consultation with the OC SBDC - www.orangecountysbdc.org
- Qualify under one of the following categories
- Income Based:
The business owner within 80% of family household income limits per the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
2018 Income Limits (Effective June 28, 2019)
1 Person $ 66,500
2 Persons $ 76,000
3 Persons $ 85,500
4 Persons $ 94,950
5 Persons $ 102,550
6 Persons $ 110,150
7 Persons $ 117,750
8 or More Persons $ 125,350
- Area Benefit:
City staff will determine if your business serves at least 51% Low to Moderate Income residents based on its proximity to neighborhoods and the goods/services it provides.
- Income Based:
- Exclusions apply and are listed in the Pre-Eligibility form and the Application
Grant Amounts for Qualified Business Expenses
- Up to $5,000 for businesses with a storefront
- Up to $2,500 for Santa Ana residents with businesses operating in Santa Ana without a storefront (home based)
To start the application process, please complete the Pre-Eligibility Form.
Once Pre-Eligibility Form is submitted, staff will contact you to discuss your business, the program, and invite you to complete a full application if the Pre-Eligibility determines that you may qualify for the program.