The Santa Ana Small Business Incentive Program is designed to encourage entrepreneurs to establish businesses within the City of Santa Ana. The program provides up to a $5,000 reimbursement grant, of eligible business expenses, to eligible businesses on a first-come, first-serve basis.
THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER TAKING APPLICATIONS
A new CARES Act COVID-19 Small Business Incentive Program is now in effect and the waitlist is open.
FOR NEW PROGRAM DETAILS VISIT:
COVID-19 SMALL BUSINESS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Criteria for Participation
- Microenterprise with 5 or fewer employees, including the owners
- New Santa Ana business within three years of operation
- Business License & Certificate of Occupancy
- Complete a workshop or business consultation with the OC SBDC - www.orangecountysbdc.org
- Qualify under one of the following categories
- Income Based:
The business owner within 80% of family household income limits per the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
2020 Income Limits (Effective April 1, 2020)
1 Person $ 71,750
2 Persons $ 82,000
3 Persons $ 92,250
4 Persons $ 102,450
5 Persons $ 110,650
6 Persons $ 118,850
7 Persons $ 127,050
8 or More Persons $ 135,250
- Area Benefit:
City staff will determine if your business serves at least 51% Low to Moderate Income residents based on its proximity to neighborhoods and the goods/services it provides.
- Income Based:
- Exclusions apply and are listed in the Pre-Eligibility form and the Application
Grant Amounts for Qualified Business Expenses
- Up to $5,000 for businesses with a storefront
- Up to $2,500 for Santa Ana residents with businesses operating in Santa Ana without a storefront (home based)
THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER TAKING APPLICATIONS.