Youth Employment Services
Where Young People Get Real Work Experience
Young people are the future workforce for our businesses, industries and community. At the Santa Ana WORK Center, we're making sure today's youth get the work experience, training and skills they need to compete in tomorrow's workplace and help our businesses thrive.
Through the WORK Center, our community's youth have access to a wide range of services and resources to help them:
- Finish high school and transition to college
- Build academic skills needed to compete in a 21st century workplace
- Gain valuable work experience
- Connect with employers
- Learn about career opportunities
- Overcome barriers and reach academic, personal and career goals
- Get involved in and improve the community
Youth Service Providers Network (YSPN)
Administered by the Santa Ana Workforce Development Board and its Youth Committee, the Youth Service Providers Network (YSPN) is a unique collaboration of youth-centric service providers and community organizations whose goal is to help our community’s at-risk youth overcome barriers to employment and make a successful transition into the workforce.
The YSPN brings together agencies, community organizations and service providers to offer a full range of services, resources and tools to low-income youth ages 14-26.
Through the YSPN, youth have access to programs, services and support that include:
- Tutoring, study-skills development and drop-out prevention
- Year-round employment opportunities
- Paid and unpaid work experience, internships, and job shadowing
- High school diploma/GED completion
- Leadership development and community service
- Guidance and counseling
- Vocational and occupational skills training
- Career development
Located at the Santa Ana WORK Center, a Youth Navigator is available to work one-on-one with youth to evaluate their needs and refer them to the right YSPN agency.
Participating YSPN agencies include:
- Orange County Conservation Corps
- Orange County Children's Therapeutic Arts Center
- Orange County Labor Federation
- Santa Ana Public Library
To learn more about our services for youth, call (714) 565-2600 or visit the Santa Ana WORK Center at 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd., Suite 200, Santa Ana 92701.