Adult Teen 101 Workshops
Adult-Teen 101 Workshop Sessions
Location: Central, Newhope, Jerome and Garfield (continuing during the fall, 2016)
- Earthquake Preparedness: Basics for a kit, and Earthquake drill, create an emergency contact list
- Basic First Aid and Fire safety: Learn how to utilize a first aid kit, and how to use a fire-extinguisher
- Basic Banking: Understanding Checks and Bank Accounts, Balancing a Checking Account, Savings Accounts, Investment options
- Money Matters: Understanding credit cards, credit card comparisons,Budgeting Activity, Understanding Gross/Net pay, deductions
- Filing your taxes: Tax vocabulary lesson, Forms, Tax basics for young adults
- Basic Home maintenance: How to use a vacuum, routine maintenance and fixing, how to change a light bulb, find a circuit breaker
- Housing Options: Planning to live independently, rent, utilities,
- Clothing maintenance: Sewing a simple tear or a button, Laundry basics (difference in detergents, does laundry detergent expire? Always have Tide to Go Instant Stain Remove)
- Personal Hygiene Basics: Washing hands, deodorizing, brushing teeth, flossing, what products to keep handy.
Self-Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Introducing yourself: How to introduce yourself and others, Icebreakers, proper handshakes
- Etiquette: Communication etiquette, and dining etiquette
- Just Breathe: Stress management and Relaxation techniques
- So you think you can drive: How to get a license, What to do when you have your license, What to consider when buying a car, How to shop for auto insurance, planning for auto maintenance, what is AAA?
- Getting around with Public Transportation: Learn bus schedules, trains, and routes.
- Basic Bike Maintenance: Fixing a flat, general bike safety