What is CDBG?
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- to moderate-income persons.
The City of Santa Ana CDBG 2018-2019 application period for nonprofits is now Open.
Funding will be available to experienced nonprofit organizations for the provision of public service that include an emphasis on crime prevention, intervention, and/or suppression efforts for children, youth and/or families, Economic Development or a Sumer Night Lights Program. Programs will be funded from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
The City will continue its $30,000 minimum funding amount per applicant to ensure that CDBG programs make the greatest impact in our community.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MONDAY, February 5, 2018 BY 5 PM
APPLICANTS MUST ATTEND ONE CDBG WORKSHOP
Workshops will be held at City Hall (20 Civic Center Plaza) on the following dates:
- 1/16/18 - 9:00 am - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
- 1/18/18 - 9:00 am - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
- 1/23/18 - 6:00 pm - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
- 1/25/18 - 2:00 pm - Ross Hall Annex, Room 1600
Nonprofit CDBG Criteria: Nonprofit applicants must meet the following guidelines and criteria:
- Meet the national objective of activities that provide a benefit to low- to moderate-income persons. Programs must serve at least 51% low- to moderate- income persons.
- Align with one of the following City of Santa Ana Strategic Plan Goals:
- Community Safety
- Youth, Education, Recreation, or
- Community Health, Livability, Engagement & Sustainability
- Economic Development
- Provide a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of an existing service
- Additional requirements are listed in the application